I decided it was time to work out how to use discharge paste
... it takes the colour out of painted fabric and gives some fun effects ...
The first time I did it I got it wrong ... I used iron fix paint and was feeling impatient so I hairdryered it to dry the paint - unfortunately this fixed the paint a bit which meant that the paste didn't work. The second time it worked better, but I don't think I put enough paste on ...
The third time it worked brilliantly!( Read more... )
I think the feathering is due to the paste reacting with the steam fix paint, which could possibly have been slightly drier before I started work... My next challenge is to try it with iron fixed paint again and see if I can get it to work.
Apparently different colours and brands of paint also react differently ... may have to do some experimenting!
You can also get the paste to replace the background colour with another colour by mixing the paint in with the paste before applying it ... that could be fun!